Scott County Park : Mountain Bike Trails
Enjoy five miles of mountain bike trails at Scott County Park.
- Singletrack trails
- Approximately 5 miles in length
- Light technical content, mostly in the way of log crossings
Trails built and maintained by http://www.qcforc.org with assistance from Scott County Conservation.
Mountain Bike Rules & Regulations for Scott County Park
- Call Park Office to confirm trails are open before arrival at (563) 328-3282 Ext #1.
- Only ride on trails that are marked for Mountain Bike use.
- Do not ride on closed trails.
- Do not cut new trails.
- Carry out all trash.
- Pets must remain leashed at all times.
- Any violation of the rules and regulations could result in a citation or revocation of park privileges.
- It is our privilege, not our right, to use this park. Abusing this privilege may result in the closure of these trails. Please conduct yourself appropriately.
Mountain Biking Tips for Scott County Park
- Park at the Pride Lake parking lot at the new trail head. If the south lot is full, park in the north lot across the road. Do not park on the grass.
- When facing the kiosk, look a couple hundred feet ahead of you. You’ll see the first yellow trail marker marking the trail head.
- Follow the grass track and the trail markers labeled MTB. That will take you to the start of the Main North Loop.
- Refer to the trail map for access to the Golf Course Loop and the Cannon Loop from the Main North Loop.
- Please be aware that this is a brand new trail system. Some of the trails and signage are still under development.
- There are modern public bathrooms with water available at the Buffalo Bill Pavilion. Be courteous if the pavilion is already being used by another group.
- As with any new singletrack, there may still be thorns in and around the trail. At least for a while, flat tires may be a part of the Scott County Park experience. Remember to bring extra tubes and a pump whenever you ride.
Mountain Bike Trails Amenities: NatureScott County Park Sites: Bald Eagle Campground • Buffalo Bill Shelter • Cody Lake Shelter • Crooked Knife Picnic Area • Equestrian Area • Flying Field • Hickory Hills Shelter • Incahias Campground • Indian Hills • Lake Ridge • Memorial Hill • Mountain Bike Trails • Oak Tree Picnic Area • Pine Grove Cabins • Pine Grove Campground • Prairie Sun Picnic Area • PRIDE Lake • Running Deer Shelter • Sac-Fox Campground • South Entrance • Swimming Pool • Tomahawk Picnic Area • Whispering Pines Shelter • Wilderness Campground • Woodside Picnic Area