Scott County, Iowa
Skip to Main Content
about your Wedding
at Olde St. Ann's Church
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- The $300 NON-REFUNDABLE fee is due 14 days from the date
you reserve your wedding date. Standard booking is: (1) 3 hour
wedding period, and (1) 1 hour rehearsal period; unless other
arrangements have been made. Additional rental charge is $50 per
hour, or any portion of an hour, subject to availability. DO
NOT arrive before your booked time begins and exit the Church
promptly by the end of your booked time period. Other events may
be held before and after your wedding so prompt arrival and departures
are mandatory. Checks may be brought to the Village or mailed
to: Pioneer Village Site Coordinator, 18817 290th Street, Long
Grove, Iowa 52756. Payable to Scott County Conservation.
- If the church or grounds are not cleaned according to instructions,
you are subject to a $25 per hour fee to perform the necessary
- The church seats 250.
- The church is heated and/or air conditioned as needed.
- You must provide your own clergy and musicians. If you do not
have either, please refer to the attached listings of pastors
and organists who do weddings here. Please be aware that you cannot
have a Catholic wedding ceremony at Olde St. Ann's.
- Olde St Anns Pastors and Organists List (63.3 KB)
- Any items you bring into the Church must be removed when you
leave. When your wedding is over, the Church is again open to
- You may decorate the Church as follows:
- you may use our altar flowers or bring your own,
- altar candles may be lit/no charge,
- unity candles may be placed on the altar,
- pew bows may be fastened with tape or wire loops, no tacks,
- you may bring an aisle runner, 50' long,
- no candles allowed on carpet area.
- There is a dressing room in the balcony for the bride and bridesmaids.
If the men do not come dressed for the ceremony, they may use
the cloak room in the school house or the Bison Saloon, if previous
arrangements have been made.
- It is helpful to your guests to include a small map in your
invitations, we can be hard to find. Please do not direct them
to come through Scott County Park, but to use old highway 61,
Scott Park Rd. Our address is:
Olde St. Ann's Church
Walnut Grove Pioneer Village
18817 290th Street,
Scott County Park,
Long Grove, Iowa 52756.
- When preparing your wedding invitations, be sure to use the
correct name of the church: Olde St. Ann's Church, NOT Olde
St. Ann's Catholic Church to avoid any confusion with
St. Ann's Catholic Church in Long Grove.
- We have a parking order that works well. Park the "getaway"
car at the north end of the Church sidewalk, the wedding party
may park in the Village parking lot and guests will be directed
to park in the large lot across the street from the Village. Parking
on the sidewalk or grass is STRICTLY PROHIBITED! Wedding
party or guests will be ticketed.
- Parking on St. Ann's Road is not permitted, guests will
be ticketed. You may wish to include this information with your
map enclosure to your guests.
- Weddings are scheduled for a 3 hour time period. You will have
1 hour before and 1 hour after your ceremony for dressing, taking
pictures, etc. Additional rental at $50 per hour is subject to
- Please notify us immediately if you have any change in your
plans so the proper scheduling adjustments can be made to avoid
- You are not permitted to throw anything at the bridal
couple either inside or outside the Church, no rice, no birdseed,
nothing. Bubbles outside the church are permitted.