The Veterans Relief program, funded by Scott County, provides assistance to wartime veterans with emergency basic needs.
Basic needs include:
- Special Needs
To be eligible for assistance you must:
- Be a veteran with an honorable discharge.
- Be an adult resident of Scott County for at least 30 days.
- Meet certain income guidelines.
- Apply for any other benefits available.
- Register for work (unless disabled) and participate in the Work Readiness Program.
- Have emergency basic needs that cannot be met by other means.
To start the process:
- Submit an online request
- or call Veterans Affairs at (563) 326-8723.