About Early Voting by Mail (Absentee Ballots)...
- I received an absentee ballot, but haven't returned it. Can I still vote at the polls?
Yes, you can take your absentee ballot to the polling place and surrender it and then vote a regular ballot at your polling place.
- I received an absentee ballot, but lost it. Can I still vote at the polls?
Yes, go to your polling place and tell election officials you had received an absentee ballot, but lost it. You will be asked to vote a provisional ballot.
- I have an absentee ballot, but I have not marked it. Do I throw it away and go to the
Do not throw it away. Take your unmarked absentee ballot with you to the polls and surrender it. You will then be allowed to vote at the polls.
- I've completed my absentee ballot. When does is have to be turned in?
Your absentee ballot must be turned in at your county Auditor's Office before the polls close on Election Day.
- I've completed my absentee ballot, can I take it to my polling place and drop it off?
No, your completed absentee ballot must be delivered to the auditor's office before polls close on Election Day. If you prefer, you can surrender your absentee ballot and vote a regular ballot at your polling place on election day.
- I've filled out my absentee ballot and put it in the mail. Since it won't get to the auditor's office today, can I vote at my polling place?
As long as the absentee ballot is postmarked no later than the day before Election Day and it arrives at the Auditor's Office before the official canvas, your ballot will be counted.
Adapted from Source: Iowa Secretary of State's Office