Accounts Payable is a function of the Scott County Auditor's Office.
Processing Warrants (Payable Check):
- The Auditor's Office receives authorizations for payment from county departments or other government agencies.
- Authorizations are processed to insure they comply with state and federal law, as well as county policy.
- Warrants (the legal term for what are commonly known as checks) are prepared for Board approval on a bi-weekly basis pursuant to Iowa Code Section 331.506.
- Reports are posted online every other week and are listed by department and by vendor. [ County Checkbook ]
Processing Purchasing Cards:
- Expenditures by purchase card (a type of credit card) are made pursuant to County General Policy Number 26.
- A purchase card expenditure report is prepared for Board approval monthly.
- Reports are posted online monthly and are listed by department and by vendor [ County Checkbook ]
- The Treasurer's Office wires funds to the purchasing card issuing bank after Board approval.
Accounts Payable services are provided for:
- All Scott County Offices and Departments
- Scott County Assessor
- Scott County Library
- Scott Emergency Communications Center
- Some Department of Human Services
- Davenport City Assessor